What are esports games? Esports and games are alike, esports are tournaments and leagues put together in a competitive manner. Just like traditional sports, esports teams are the best in the world playing their favorite game, if it is CSGO or League of Legends.
Top 5 Esports Games 2020
Some viewers and players might dispute our top-rated esports games. Our ratings are based on prize pools, amount of events, viewership and availability.
Top Esports Games 2020;
- League of Legends
- Dota 2
- Call of Duty
However, PUBG is definitely one to be added in the future with so many different tournaments and events popping up around the world, including PUBG World Championships.
What Makes an Esport
Hundreds of thousands of games are released, so why aren’t their thousands of so-called esports? It’s because to qualify as an esport you need to be able to meet hew requirements.
Here are the rules of an esport:
- Popularity – Games need to be extremely popular in order be esports, for example, CSGO has nearly reached a million active players. This popularity is needed for the tournament, otherwise, they’d be no prize pools and viewership for the tournament. Ultimately making the esport irelevant.
- Amount of Skill required – Most developers interpret it as a call for edges to be smoothed out and for the player to make playing seamless. However, this line of thinking is almost directly opposed to the best esports games. These have elements that can be considered friendly, of course, but they also provide the good players with clear and direct ways of separating themselves from the bad That is, skill and game knowledge are always available to help your opponents. And although this dynamic is not the best experience for losers, it is also a vital part of a successful sport.
- Experience – Experience is probably one of the most important elements of esports, when you say esports, it just means a tournament and leagues. An enjoyable experience for viewers is arguably the most important bit of esports as a whole.
Popular Types of Game Genres
- MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena)
Examples are League of Legends, Dota 2 and Heroes Of The Storm. MOBAs are extremely popular, being the most popular esports this contributes to the esports industry massively. MOBAs have roleplaying elements allowing players to control all players within the MOBA.
2. FPS (First-person shooter)
Some examples of FPS’es are CSGO, Overwatch and Call of Duty. You’ve likely heard of these games and anyone within the esports community has heard of these names. CSGO is the most popular esports game out right now.
FPS is potentially the best esports within the industry, including viewership and prizepools.
3. Sports Gaming
Games like FIFA, NBA 2K and Rocket League are meant to stimulate popular sports and include them on an online basis. Admittedly, a few significant differences exist, such as faster pace or more focus on individual skills than team play. However, if you have ever played a soccer or basketball game, you can easily go after sports games.
4. Battle Royale
A strong example of a Battle Royale is Fortnite and PUBG, both insanely popular games in recent months, however, some say Fortnite isn’t an esport. The only problem is that it’s hard to keep up with the action as so many players do their own stuff at once, but given the popularity of Battle Royal, it’s only time for somebody to solve it.
Gambling and Esports Games
Online gambling has been interested in the world of esports since sports wouldn’t be sports without a large betting industry, so many thought that if esports were to follow it’d need an extensive betting industry. It’s no doubt that viewers of the tournament will enjoy gambling on the match of their favorite team, or maybe a tactical bet. It’s common to see all the esports betting sites sponsoring many of the teams and renewing their sponsorships throughout a doubt.
Esports games like CSGO have more competitive odds, bigger markets and a huge amount of coverage. And most of the popular games like League of Legends and CSGO are more simple to analyse than Rocket League.
Of course, some games aren’t exactly equal for some esportsbooks. An entire stadium was built in order to host a variety of viewers and players in Las Vegas called ‘The Arena‘
And although your market choices may be restricted to playing winners so match winners, you still have the opportunity to play esports.
Esports Games in 2020
2020, The year that esports will show of its full potential It is important to remember that every title is one world of its own, however large it is to know the history and understand the nature of competitive gaming. Esports games such as CSGO, Dota 2, Overwatch and Legends League all took root in the ecosystem of the esports world. They tend with their own mechanics, infrastructure, tournaments and other specialities to provide their audience with a fresh and unique experience.
You do not have to join a Twitch stream or a YouTube broadcast in every single title on our esports games list. However, if you want to create a successful gaming strategy, a solid knowledge base must be created for the game on which you bet. After all, you can only get so far if different teams, players and meta strategies can’t make sense.