Cloud9, Joseph “Mang0” Marquez and Blockchain are teaming up to present an online Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament series over the next few months. Even as cryptocurrency has become increasingly controversial among members of the Smash community, the organizers of this circuit plan to dish out a large amount of it to participating players in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Here’s everything players need to know about the C9 Mang0 Nation Tour, including when they can play and how they can claim their rewards.
Nation Tour Format and Schedule for Mang0
The C9 Mang0 Nation Tour will consist of five online tournaments, split up by region. Each regional bracket has a 1,024-person entrant cap. In addition, the top eight of each bracket will be livestreamed on Mang0’s Twitch channel and the Cloud9 Twitch channel.
Players cannot enter brackets for more than one region. Here is the regional breakdown for each event:
- West – Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories and Yukon
- Southwest – Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Utah and Mexico
- Northeast – Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec
- Southeast – Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia
- Midwest – Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Manitoba, Nunavut, Ontario and Saskatchewan
The tour will kick off with the West bracket at 3 p.m. PT on July 23. From there, the remaining events will take place at the following dates and times:
- Southeast – 3 p.m. ET on July 30
- Southwest – 3 p.m. CT on August 20
- Northeast – 3 p.m. ET on September 3
- Midwest – 3 p.m. CT on September 17
The organizers of the C9 Mang0 Nation Tour will pay out all of the prize money in Bitcoin. As a result, competitors must have a cryptocurrency wallet to participate in any of the tournaments. They will then have to link a bank account to their cryptocurrency wallet to convert their winnings into USD.
WELCOME BONUS 100% UP TO €100 BONUS
Regardless of placement, every single person who plays a match in the C9 Mang0 Nation Tour will receive $75 worth of bitcoin. As a result, the series has a theoretical prize pool of over $400,000, assuming all five events reach their cap.
The payout structure for the top eight of each bracket is as follows:
- First – $2,500
- Second – $1,250
- Third – $1,000
- Fourth – $750
- Fifth – $500
- Seventh – $250
In addition, the winner of each bracket will receive airfare and lodging accommodations for The Big House 10 in Detroit, Michigan, from October 7-9. However, this reward is only available for players who aren’t signed by professional esports organizations. If the winner of a bracket is part of an organization, the travel reward will go to the next highest ranked unsigned player.