Valve has released a new update for Dota 2; the Frosthaven update. This new update celebrating the Winter comes at a time when there is a lull in Dota 2 esports. The update brings a new game mode as well as a new Arcane for the game.
The FrostHaven Update.
The FrostHaven Update brings a new game mode to Dota 2. It celebrates the Rubick Arcana.
Swept up in the zeal of unravelling and reshaping arcane energies, Grand Magus Rubick marches a mob into Frosthaven, intent on uprooting the original Frostivus tree to explore the mysterious font of power beneath it. To stop the misguided magus, five heroes must rise to the defence of the ancient tree—and fight to keep the Spirit of Frostivus alive!
Rubick leads an army to take down the FrostHaven tree. Players must choose five optimal heroes in order to defend the tree. There are new consumable items with different shapes and colours in the game. These include Snowman, Snowballs, Christmas trees etc.
There is also an excellent progression in the Frosthaven update. Each match of Frosthaven allows users to earn more points. These points are instrumental in earning rewards such as more consumables, chat wheels as well as other gifts.
The GingerBread Baby Roshan
Valve has released a new version of the Baby Roshan courier. The Baby Roshan courier is one of the most successful courier versions in Dota 2. It has seen several colours and gradients over the years. The latest update is definitely another one to treasure as the GingerBread Baby Roshan might just be the best Baby Roshan out there.
The chances of winning this courier are extremely rare. However, it is possible to win the courier for all players who play the FrostHaven game mode.
The Rubick Arcana
For many Dota 2 players, they were a sceptic of Valve’s ability to possibly churn out a proper Rubick Arcane. However, Valve has delivered beyond what was promised. The new Arcana has received widespread acclaim from the majority of the community. The Arcana has tiers of progression allowing Rubick to gain unique visual updates for stolen spells. It has unique Arcane signature for 115 stolen spells.
The Arcane includes the following:
- A style progression system that features custom effects for 115 stolen abilities
- Custom dynamic colour effects on the cape that change depending on stolen spells
- A complete set of all-new animations, including cast animations, death animations, run animations, unique stolen spell animations, and more
- A new base model, texture, and custom animated pedestal
- New effect and sound for Spell Steal
- Support for dynamic colour effects on the Crux of Perplex Immortal Item
- A custom ground effect for players who complete the style progression
- Remastered Voice
- Custom Hero Portrait, Minimap Icon, and Stolen Spell Icon Border Effect
- Custom Emoticon
You can play the event right now in the Dota 2 Game client.