The WePlay Winter Madness event will take place in the Christmas Break. The tournament will ensure that Dota 2 fans still have something to watch during this off-season. It starts on December 27 and takes place until January 5th. The tournament takes place at a time when there are no other competing events. It will feature some well-known teams as well.
Today WePlay announced that they will be inviting NIP, Alliance and Forward Gaming to their event. They are some of the well-known teams with both the Swedish organisations pulling in huge viewership numbers from their fans.
The WePlay announcement.
The competition for the Iron Throne and $100,000 will be attended by 14 top teams. Now we are ready to name the first three of them – Ninjas in Pyjamas, Alliance and Forward Gaming.
Winter Madness is coming! ☃️
— WePlay! Esport (@WePlayEsport) December 17, 2018
- 27 to 30 of December.
- 2 groups of 5 teams, matches are played in the bo1 format with a round-robin system.
- 4 top teams from each group go to the playoffs, the last place of the group leaves the tournament
- 2 to 5 of January
- 8 teams from group stage reach 1/8. 4 more top teams are already waiting for their rivals in 1/4.
All matches played in bo3 format, Grand Final – bo5.
- 1st place – 50,000$
- 2nd place – 20,000$
- 3rd and 4th place – 7,500$ each
- Teams ranked from 5th to 8th receive 2,500$