Valve’s latest update to the award winning game CS:GO (11/28/16 (11/29/16 UTC, 220.127.116.11) has introduced an entirely new set of skins for the game. Now in addition to weapon skins and music kits, users can now change the skin on their gloves.
To see all the all of the 17 glove skins released, check them out on the official CS:GO website.
In addition to the glove skins being added, there were a couple of other updates that you can find below, courtesy of wickedplayer949 on reddit.
- Introducing the Glove Case, featuring 17 community-designed weapon finishes. Unlike previous cases, the possible Special Items in the Glove Case are 24 all-new gloves. For more details click here.
- Introducing the Radicals Music Box, featuring 7 new StatTrak™ music kits from “Radicals” artists.
Steam Group Lobbies
- Players can now join lobbies created by members of their Steam Groups. For details, visit the Steam Group Lobby FAQ
- Added the Steam Groups tab in the Friend Lister on the Main Menu.
- By default, if you click Play With Friends and are displaying the Tag of one of your Steam Groups, your lobby will be broadcast to (and joinable by) members of that Steam Group. You can adjust your default lobby settings in the Game Settings menu.
- Looking for players from your region or who share a common interest? You can search for new Steam Groups to join, view a friends’ groups by visiting their Steam Community Profile, or create a group of your own!
- Fixed an interaction between defuse kits and water that would sometimes cause a defuse kit to be unable to be picked up.
- Fixed miscellaneous vulnerabilities (thanks GeekPwn).
- Players who get kicked from a lobby cannot rejoin for three minutes.
- Fixed a bug where some potted plants were playing incorrect collision sounds.
- Fixed a bug where some UI sounds would incorrectly spatialize immediately after player death.
- Removed barrels outside of doors leading into B site
- Blocked visibility through some props around A site
- Fixed some spots where C4 could get stuck
- Fixed some minor graphical bugs
- Fixed ladders on train cars so they no longer move the player view when attaching
- Added more accurate collision for various models
- Blocked visibility under some trains from far angles
- Blocked grenades entering small crawlspace near popdog ladder
- Raised pipes in tunnels near Ivy
- Fixed a spot in T spawn where weapons could not be retrieved
- Fixed some spots where C4 could get stuck
- Removed that bump in T stairs. You know the one.
- Fixed some surfaces playing the wrong footstep sounds
- Some graphical tweaks
- Updated with new content and lighting
- Updated navigation mesh
Rumor has it:
- CS:GO Stash has put up images of the weapons of the Glove Case
- If you’d like to view the item schema update for yourself, here it is
- If you’re unsure about music kit licensing (say for streaming/posting a video to YouTube), music kits distributed through CS:GO fall under the terms of the Steam Subscriber Agreement which is viewable at http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
- Here’s some more news on the Perfect World front involving CS:GO’s release inside of mainland China within a little while:
- Did you know that Dota 2 has a special launcher which is pretty much a 1-app miniaturized version of Steam? It seems that based on these GC protobufs, CS:GO will use a similar model as well for handling getting in the game
- You’re likely gonna be locked in to using one currency, if you use something else this error message will appear asking you to contact “support”, which is Perfect World’s own support and not Steam Support
- Those that are under 18 are subject to an Anti-Addiction System which is also found in the Perfect World version of Dota 2 as well
- There’s also some modified achievement images to fit in with the “no blood, no skulls” theme going on, mostly for Arms Race achievements for now
- Do you happen to be fluent (or near-fluent) in another non-English language? If so, consider signing up for the Steam Translation Server to help translate the close to 200 strings added in this update
- Here’s all of the supporting bits for everything from the gloves to group lobbies and other minor things: https://github.com/SteamDatabase/GameTracking/commit/9841b0bf5a56e2cce59e337b600341f1dc573b02
- Lots of low-level things appear to have been stripped out. No clue what, if any effect it’ll have on performance.
- Size is close to 1 GB – data capped users should be on alert